Go back to normal view
From 1829 a group of Baptists met in three cottages in Upper Studley, Trowbridge and in 1831 they rented a house opposite the present chapel. With the addition of a gallery this could accommodate 170 people.
A Sunday school was started but by 1842 the congregation was not thriving.
They revived and in 1849 land opposite the house on Frome Road was bought and in 1850 the present chapel was built and the house given up. The money for this was provided by Samuel Salter.
In 1863 a schoolroom was built. The congregation declined after the building of St. John's Church and in 1890 there were only 19 members and 51 in the Sunday school.
The congregation revived again and is still spiritually thriving today.
See the Church Calendar for all our Church Activities and Events